Working at South West Baptist Church means you are part of a motivated and passionate team of people wanting to make a difference, backed by a supportive, experienced and approachable leadership team.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for these roles:
Children’s Team Leader
We are currently seeking a children’s team leader. The role requires someone to;
1. Lead teams that provide children’s programs during Sunday Gatherings for all pre-school and primary aged children.
2. Develop, support and grow volunteer leaders and interns in their leadership competencies and faith, in conjunction with other church leadership development programs.
3. Coordinate with the Gatherings Team to ensure all ages are included in worship gatherings, feeling valued and that they can participate.
4. Provide excellent resources and events to assist parents/caregivers to teach and role model the Christian faith to children at home.
5. Coordinate and support midweek preschool playgroups, as part of SWBC vision and develop additional funding streams to grow and sustain them.
6. Support and encourage SWBC Neighbourhood Community leaders with vision and resources for developing intergenerational faith experiences in their gatherings.
This role is for up to 25 hours a week, and has the potential to be split into two roles:
1. Preschool – Running preschool programmes on Sunday mornings and mid-week.
2. Primary – Running primary programmes on Sunday mornings.
Each of the two roles would require care and development of volunteers, programme planning and delivery, communication to parents, pastoral care and team leadership.
Learning & Development Team Member
South West Baptist Church’s Learning & Development Team (L&D Team) was established in 2020 to support ongoing learning, training and culture change in our church. A long history of innovation and prophetic action, combined with the ongoing decline of mainstream churches in the global north, significant cultural changes, and increasing awareness of systemic, cultural and structural bias in organisations, means that being and becoming a learning organisation is essential for our church.
Functionally, the L&D Team is a service unit for the entire church, able to work across all areas, engaging both congregation members and staff. We operate in the background, but at the leading edge of strategic initiatives, under the direction of the SWBC senior leadership. The team is guided by change-making, movement-building and innovation-design principles, leading to a distinctly collaborative approach and flat team structure.
Areas of Work
As well supporting the church to discuss and reflect on our own praxis, we also underpin theological, discipleship and leadership training in pursuit of missional engagement in the world in response to movements of the Holy Spirit.
The Learning & Development Team is looking for an additional Team Member to increase the capacity and diversity of the Team.
Applications should be submitted via email to Robbie Blakelock firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the following:
– Completed application form (download here)
– Resume and cover letter
If you wish to, please submit a 400-600 word personal reflection on how the four-relationships framework, outlined in this article, relates to your personal experience of church, community, leadership, mission, faith or belonging in Aotearoa.
References are not required at this stage but may be requested at a later stage.
24-7 Youth Worker
We are currently seeking to fulfil a 10 hour 24-7 Youth Worker position in Middleton Grange School. This role could include anything from mentoring, leadership development, camps, sports coaching and more.
There is also the potential of another 10 hour position in Aidanfield Christian School.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, then please contact Jason Chee at email@example.com or 021 444 454.
Tuesday Christian Fellowship are in need of two van drivers for the Hoon Hay/Spreydon/Barrington route please. This would involve a fortnightly or monthly commitment. If you would like to consider this then please email Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Chair Pack Down
We are currently looking for groups or individual volunteers to help with packing away the chairs in our Lyttelton St site Gym after our Sunday morning gathering. Get in touch with Sandy if you could help.
We are looking for detail-oriented people to join our team of gatherings volunteers in the role of stage manager. The role includes coordinating all the on-stage movements at our Sunday gatherings, including microphones, speakers, lectern and chairs. If you’re interested, get in touch with Michelle.