Discovery Bible Method is a simple yet powerful way to study the Bible by yourself, with one other person or a whole group!
You can choose a book in the Bible or choose different scriptures around a theme – it’s up to you.
Simply pray and ask the Holy Spirit to lead you then follow the 5 Rs and see what happens.
- What happened from the last time?
Check in with the people from the group and ask them if they did what they said they were going to do.
- Read the passage a couple of times out loud from different versions
Choose a passage about 5-10 verses long.
- Retell the passage in your own words
Close your Bibles and as a group try and retell the passage.
- What stands out to you from the passage and why? What could God be saying to you?
Spend some time thinking about this then share it with the others present.
- Respond to what stood out from you by deciding on an action.
If this is true what are you going to do about it?
Who can you tell?
Make sure you record what is said, so that you can ask people how they went next week.
If you are reading the Bible with someone then let us know!