Super Summer Spectacular

We’re a church on a journey and this summer we’re journeying back to the 70s. A time of disco mania, where having a pet rock made you cool, and everyone was hit with Saturday Night Fever. This is the South West Super Summer Spectacular.

The Spectacular is for anyone connected with any part of South West Baptist Church – all are welcome! It’ll be Spectacular if you are there. Join us for a weekend of camping and fun!

We’ll be sharing more details as they’re confirmed, but here’s some info to get you started…

When is it?
The Spectacular is taking place during Waitangi Weekend 2021, Friday February 5 – Sunday February 7. If you want to camp for longer, awesome, you’ll just need to book this directly with Spencer Park.

Where is it?
We’ll be based at Hibburt Park, and camping across the road at Spencer Park.

Who can come?
Anyone! We’d love you all to be there – invite friends and neighbours too. Just make sure you register!

How much will it cost?
Prices include cost of camping site and South West activities.

Adult Early-bird (register by December 6)$65
Adult$85
Youth (aged 16 – 18) $50
Child (aged 2-15)   $40
Child (under 2)    Free
Saturday Visitors*$25

We want as many people to come to the Spectacular as possible. If money is really tight, we have some sponsorship money to help subsidise your fee. Tick the sponsorship box on the registration form and we’ll be in touch.

* The Spectacular is totally about us all being there for the whole weekend. However if you just absolutely can’t make the whole weekend, then day passes are available. If you are coming out for just the Saturday, you must still register before registrations close and pay the appropriate fees. Our Sunday morning gathering on February 7 will be held at the Spectacular at 10.00am, followed by a picnic. You do not need to register or pay if you are just coming out for the Sunday gathering/combined picnic.

How do I register?
Registrations are all online, with payment by internet banking. If you haven’t got access to the internet, chat with the team at the Welcome Centre on a Sunday or Reception during the week and we’ll give you a hand.

Is the Spectacular happening rain or shine?
Yes – assume it’s on no matter what. If there are any changes to this we’ll be in touch.

Where will I sleep?
It’s a weekend of summer camping! Bring a tent or find a space in one, or bring along a caravan or campervan. If you need power, let us know on the registration form.

We’re super sorry, but we can’t take requests for particular sites or positions next to others. You can find a space once you’ve arrived, and maybe even save one for your friend!

A limited number of shared cabins are available on a first come/needs basis. As these cabins are shared, you’ll have a bed/bunk in a cabin with either 3 or 4 other people. If you need a cabin, then let us know when you register and we’ll do our best (there will be an extra charge).

What will I eat?
The Spectacular is self-catered (apart from our shared meal on Saturday). Get together with your neighbours and friends and plan a feast for the weekend!

What do I bring?
We’ll share a recommended gear list closer to the time – stay tuned!

Can I help?
Yes! We’ll need lots of hands to help make this happen. Get in touch with us on spectacular@swbc.org.nz.

03 3384163
spectacular@swbc.org.nz